Pink Phizz

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Spooky.

Okay, just a few minutes ago, I had a very weird thing happen to me. Let me explain. I do the linens on Thursday. Linens are the towels from the bath and kitchen, and the sheets off of our bed, right? Right. So I have just finished doing the towels. There are no pockets in towels, right? Right. So nothing can fall out of them; e.g. coins. Right? Right.

Earlier today, I was putting a £2 (pound) coin in our piggy bank (I collect one pound and two pound coins) and I noticed I needed a one pound coin to round off the amount; e.g. £189 to £190. Got it? Okay. So after tallying up the amount I had in the piggy bank, I muttered to myself, "Damn, I wish I had just one extra pound to even up the amount." Then put it out of my mind, after deciding to ask Krip if he had one when he got home from work.

Just now I got out our towels from the washing machine and started putting them in our airing cupboard to dry, and what fell out of one of the large bath towels and landed on the floor after hitting me on the foot? A one pound coin.

Weird.

And before you suggest it, I already checked the washing machine on Tuesday to see if anything was left behind, besides nothing with pockets was washed on Tuesday; e.g. trousers, shorts, shirts with pockets ~ that kind of thing.

Weird.

9 Comments:

At 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd like to think that there's a fairy who hears us who will grant us our wish as a reward for good behaviour.

had been readin too much fairy tales in my youth.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Blondage said...

*cue the Twilight Zone theme song*

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger The Crafty Cruiser said...

I'll try that. Only I'll wish for it to round up to a million.

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Hey Alice: I posted a reply to your comment at Mikes America. But forgot to ask you what name displays after the "Ah HA! Another visitor from _______????

I've been testing some of these new toys, and I am never quite sure which ones work or how they display on other peoples systems.

Glad you could see the Bob Hope video, other people couldn't.

P.S. You know your posts are displaying further down your page? Seems the graphics are pushing them too far for the margin... You might tinker with the template and see if you can expand the number of pixels for the whole page.

There's ALOT more I need to do with my page, but go in fits and starts and always enjoy putting up new toys rather than doing the grunt work.

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Well, yeah, birdy, I'd go for a million.

And blondage, I wanted to put that, but I couldn't figure out what letters it would take.

Miss b, I'm still scratching my head over what good thing I might have done lately, for the good fairy to leave me that pound.

Mike, left you another message on your site.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

A nocturnal smack in the mouth for Krip? And a visit from the Tooth Fairy?

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Alice: I think perhaps that graphic pushed the posts down.. But you also widened your page, so maybe you can put them back if you like..

Everything is in the right spot now...

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Nice new look. But, I miss those penguins.

Yeah, that's very weird!

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Nope, I didn't smack (at least with my fist) anyone polly.

Glad to see it back to where it should be, didn't know it was doing that, Mike. It's kinda like have a tail light out and no one telling you.

And fred, I might put the penguins back on later. See how things go.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home