Pink Phizz

Friday, September 30, 2005

A league of gentlemen

Last night on the new Frank Skinner show, Frank had cricket players Freddie (Andrew) Flintlock from England and Shane Warren from Australia - together (they played opposite teams during the Ashes). What a refreshing sight to see both of them and the banter that went back and forth. Both men were able to poke fun at themselves and very humble and had no trouble laughing at themselves. Couldn't imagine any footballer doing the same.

Another example of class.

5 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger GaffaUK said...

Apparently the Post Office has launched some new stamps celebrating England' victory over Australia. The 68p stamp can be sent to Australia;)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/photo_galleries/4291162.stm

 
At 7:56 PM , Blogger Fred said...

I think Frank was on while I was over there; I just didn't see him all that much. My kids were too busy trying to watch The Paramount Channel with all the U.S. sitcoms.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger Laura said...

gaffauk: If I knew anyone in Australia it would be worth the 68p just to send it. In fact, I would get a whole sheet of them and send them off just for kicks.

fred: I like Channel 105 cause it has CSI (all three of them) and I get to see Lost, 24, and Desperate Housewives...a season late, but worth the wait. Just don't tell me the endings, that would be a drag.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger GaffaUK said...

Alice - Which CSI is the best one? Haven't got into that yet. I got the first three seasons of 24 but nor sure whether to get season 4. Lost seems okay so far. Big fan of the Sopranos.

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger Laura said...

gaffauk: I like the original CSI-Las Vegas the best; then CSI-Miami, and then CSI-New York. Haven't watched Sopranos in a very long time; and didn't watch the last 24. It will be interesting to see what Lost is all about (the end of it, I mean) that will determine whether or not to watch Lost II.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home