Pink Phizz

Friday, September 30, 2005

Robin Hood, where art thou.

I love walking in the wood with our dog. Especially when no one else is around. It rained last night so everything is damp and vibrant in color, and it's very very quiet.

Ours is a proper wood with beautiful trees just starting to lose their leaves and all having nice rough bark. Deep into the wood you can actually tune out the sound of cars racing by outside the wood, and tune into the ghostly footsteps of hundreds of years worth of walkers inside. It's not hard to imagine you are in 15th, 16th, or 17th Century England, if not earlier, and going to pass some peasant coming or going to the next village. It's rather humbling and a bit awesome for an American like me.

Until my shoe come into contact with a 21st Century piece of dogshit.

7 Comments:

At 2:41 AM , Blogger Ca... said...

Was that an American dog or a British dog? The world wants to know!

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Gotta watch your step out there, Alicenot! LOL!

 
At 9:09 AM , Blogger Laura said...

ca:My dog is an English mutt. And the dogshit, I am absolutely positive, was English also. Haven't met an American nor an American dog walking that wood as of yet.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Fred said...

They probably had bigger things to worry about back then. I'm sure the horses let out some pretty big sh*ts themselves. They just never wrote about it.

 
At 1:48 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Speaking of animal sh*t...My sister owns a cabin on the edge of a national forest in Colorado. There is a grizzly that regularly sh*ts on their driveway. Dang. Those bears leave a heck of a pile...lemme tell ya. (And then she wants me to take the kids hiking up the mountain - I don't THINK so. We will stay in the cabin and cover all entrances with big guns...)

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Laura said...

fred: You mean it wasn't in the Doomsday Book?

monicar: Remind me to take a white flag if I ever come to visit you in the cabin. Heh.

 
At 5:21 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

No white flags - just big guns.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home