Pink Phizz

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Pressing the flesh.

Hm, for anyone out there that thought I bought my brand new swimsuit for some exotic trip to some enchanted island, think again. No, I decided I've gotten tired of using the weights down at our local gym and changed my routine. Now I'm walking on the treadmill; using the cross-country thingamajiggy (and what a bitch that is!); and using the rowing machine. And after all that, going into that lovely pool to start building up my laps. It's nice to reward yourself for that work by going into the steamroom, then the sauna, then the jacuzzi, and back into the pool.

The one thing I haven't done is let our trainer know that I've changed my routine. One of the personnel at the gym last night let me know that I should let my trainer know this, as he can change it all and set me up with a new one. Well, I don't want him to set up a routine for me. That's the trouble, I don't do well with someone telling me what to do. I have decided, that I will rotate when I wish. And right now? I'm enjoying doing what I'm doing.

It was getting to the point that for the last three months or so, I wasn't enjoying the gym. Now Krip and I are going together and we've teamed up with some friends of ours who have also joined the gym. Which is great; however, going out to a pub around ten o'clock for a couple of pints, kind of defeated the whole previous two hours of calorie crunching. Hm, maybe we will have to work on that bit.

After the next round.

6 Comments:

At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

like what the bf does - the whole idea of going to the gym is to work off the extra calories acquired whilst quaffin.

and then he whinges his weight remains the same. duh. seriously, i notice you and i have alot more in common, Alice :D i don't do well with anyone tellin me what to do or what i *supposed* to do either. i just can't take the stress! heh.

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, especially since we're the ones paying!! for cryingoutloud!

 
At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm your flower you know who.

 
At 7:38 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Hi "you know who." You are my favorite flower. ;)

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

After facing the same Gym vs Bar (Pub) quandry... I came to the only sensible solution... give up the gym.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Poosh, not those kind of weights. The kind that is suppose to tone one up.

Mike, I'm finding I'm doing less and less working, and more and more playing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home