Pink Phizz

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Sniff, sniff.

Well, I found out exactly what decided to invade my body at this time. I have one hell of a head cold. The crud took the scenic route before deciding that this is where it wanted to put down roots and stay awhile. I'm thinking it's because there is plenty of space up in my head to make a nice little nest and stay awhile. Anyway, that's why I have been feeling so damn poorly. Krip asked me yesterday morning how I felt, the only description I could give him was that my head felt like the cotton at the top of a Q-Tip. There is one big lesson that I learned through all this and that is to make sure that if one is about to have a sneezing episode, make damn sure that your bladder is empty. And no, I didn't pee my knickers and that's because I know how to double cross my legs. So now that I know what I have, I can definitely deal with it.

Yesterday was our second anniversary, and this afternoon Krip is taking me to London to celebrate it. I haven't got the faintest idea of what he has up his sleeve; however, he has been making plans for about a week now and has been walking around the house with a little twinkle in his eyes. I've never been "Surprise!!" so I am rather looking forward to it....I think. My lovely man said that we could stay home instead since I am feeling so poorly, but I said absolutely not; I am really looking forward to this. So, anyone out and about the city tonight, will definitely be able to recognize me; I'll be the one with the neon-red nose, carrying a wad of tissues, and trying not to leave a pattern of drip, drip, drip along the pavement.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah congratulations to you both, Alice and krip! time does fly doesn't it? well have fun in London and wishing you a speedy recovery :)

 
At 5:20 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Congrats Alicenot and Krip! It sounds like it's shaping up to be a VERY special night - enjoy!

LOL! about the empty bladder!! (I can SO relate)

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Gosh... All the good conservatives have either the cold or the flu... except for me!

Spring is here! The Redbud is blooming!

Hope you are feeling better and enjoy your trip to the big town.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home