Pink Phizz

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Biting the bullet.

Well, ladies, yesterday I did the one thing that I dread the most this time of the year. No it wasn't any kind of Spring-cleaning, you know scrubbing floors, doing the windows - nothing even along those lines. That I can deal with. It wasn't even going out and scooping up the dog's poop. Even that isn't as horrible as what I set out to do yesterday afternoon.

So what is it I set out to accomplish that was so damn depressing? Why, I went out looked for and bought a new swimsuit. Now, I don't know about you, but I don't have a model's figure. I mean, it's not bad, but it's not the best either. After trying on approximately ten suits, I finally chose the one that looked the best on me. Or rather the one that I looked the best in. The piccy shows the suit I chose (with straps). Comparing prices, it was also the most expensive. Go figure.

Anyway, I am at the stage in my life where black is really starting to look good. If you have to wear something like a swimsuit and you know deep down in your heart that you didn't do enough over the winter to keep yourself in shape for when that time comes, then black is best. So I'm browsing through the swimsuits, and I come across two racks of what appeared to be pink and/or lime-green lizard printed swim suits. Lizard. Most of the sizes left in that rack were on the larger size. I'm sorry, but all I could think of while gazing at those suits were giant lizards sunning themselves on rocks after a nice dinner of whatever lizards eat. Trust me when I tell you this. It was not pretty.

So after dragging my sorry arse down to the mall, buying my new black swimsuit, I actually volunteered to try it on and show it to Krip. He told me I looked great. I hugged and kissed him and told him what a wonderful liar he was. Krip said he didn't care what anyone else thought, he said I looked good enough for him. And that was definitely good enough for me.

*sigh*

5 Comments:

At 4:11 PM , Blogger Mo said...

I always look terrible in a bathing suit. But most of the time I don't really care. Cause if I'm putting on a bathing suit it means there is probably a pool/water/river involved, and lots (LOTS!) of beer. That usually makes things better.

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Jennytc said...

And further down the lifeline comes a time when you don't look good in black any more. It makes you look even older than you are!:(

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Alison said...

where are you going?!

 
At 6:10 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh Lawza! It's a terrible job. God bless ya - ya did it. It's over for another year. What I can't stand is that many bathing suit bottoms are cut so high. I'm eyeing up the tankini's at LL Bean...

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Alison: for now it's the pool at the gym.

Jennyta: so true; however, I just can't bring myself to look like those little old ladies you see down at the beach with big pink flowers on their swimsuits, all looking like potted plants.

Monicar: yeah, it's a bitch. But you know, you just have to bite the bullet or never get to go in the water.

Mo: you have the right attitude.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home