Pink Phizz

Saturday, April 15, 2006

No ringing in my ear.

I am a bit upset. For some reason, my oldest daughter is able to call me; however, when I try to call her home number, all I get is nnnnnnnnnn. It's like it won't go through for some reason. It's been like this for the past three days now. And I haven't a clue why. I did try her cell phone, and that got me through her "Leave a Message..." type of thing. Obviously, it was turned off. But why her home phone?

See how we take things for granted? Picking up phones. Making calls from anywhere in the world. It's only when you can't, is when you realize how large the world can be, and how far away you can be from a loved one.

*sob*

p.s. Happy Easter everyone.

9 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Blogger Jennytc said...

Phones are important when your family is a distance away from you. I tend to suffer severe withdrawal symptoms when separated from my mobile phone. ;)
Happy Easter to you and your family.

 
At 6:19 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Happy Easter to you and your family Alicenot!

I agree about the phone thing. It's nervewracking to not be able to get ahold of someone you love.

 
At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hugs*. happy easter to you and krip, Alice.

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks all...Happy Easter to you too.

 
At 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you and your family, "Alice".

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Happy Easter, Alice. I remember working over there and getting quite a bit of time off for the holiday...I hope you're enjoying the break.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Aw yes, fred, it's wonderful having Krip home for four whole days! Now, if it would only stop raining.

 
At 4:07 AM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Belated Happy Easter to you too Alice.

Hey... where was Fred when we had that story about the 8th grade school "teacher" in Alabama showing a "Bush is an A@#hole" video?

I missed getting the educators persepctive on the story.

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Laura said...

I think Fred was doing what teachers are suppose to be doing...teaching.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home