Pink Phizz

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Speedy Gonzales...I'm not

Thursdays are 'wash linens day.' So naturally, I got up really early this morning to get them all washed and out on the line. I love the smell of towels and sheets that have been dried outside.

I have since changed the towels in the bathroom, and changed the bed linens. And bed linens are what I want to talk about.

Duvets.

I am not used to duvets. We, Americans, tend to have a bottom sheet, a top sheet, a blanket (if needed), and a quilt or bedspread. My Englishman prefers a duvet; so our bed consists of a bottom sheet and duvet inside a pocket of another sheet, which is fastened by buttons or snaps at the bottom.

For me, the pocket sheet is a bitch to get on over the duvet. I have done the inside-out method; I have done the start at the corners and crawled upwards method; I have even, more or less, done the crawl inside with the duvet method. But to no avail. After two years, it still takes me twice as long to put the damn duvet in the sheet pocket as it does making a bed with a bottom sheet, top sheet, blanket (if needed) and a quilt or bedspread.

Since I have been practicing now for almost almost 104 weeks, which makes it almost 104 times, I am a bit faster than I was the first time. Maybe by this time next year, I will be even quicker.

It's so nice to have something to strive for. Don'tcha think?

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger krip said...

I know that you will rise to the challenge.

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Wait a minute. Shouldn't that be my line for you.

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Prophetess said...

I like duvets, myself, and I am an American woman. Duvets are not only for the English! I have three special duvets and they're each made of 100% pure Egyptian cotton. They're thick, heavy, and gorgeous. I'd love to give them out as Xmas gifts but they're so expensive! I like your blogsite. You're a very witty person. It's nice to run into someone with a sense of humor. Most people are humorless these days. Keep up the good work! www.thiswomansmadness.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home