Pink Phizz

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Oh, no, I'm IT

See, there is this "thing" going around. Kind of like playing tag, and if you are really lucky, you can be considered...IT. Well I've been tagged and now I'm it (so to speak). The game is all about books, and I was "tagged" by sparkey.

So here goes:

The number of books I own: Oh, I don't know, lots and lots, and lots...

The last book I bought: Actually, I went to a used bookstore when I was in North Carolina, and I bought four books (the only amount I could fit in my luggage). They are: Darkness, Take My Hand and Sacred by Dennis Lehane; and I bought two by Elmore Leonard, Out of Sight and Tishomingo BLUES.

The Books I like: Well, it isn't so much the books I like, it's the authors I like. I have read many books by many authors, but here are a few that I trust to come through with a good story:
Robert Ludlum; the Bourne Identity is one of my favorites. Remember reading it when it first came out in 1980. Len Deighton's Hook, Line, and Sinker series is one of my all time favorites. I also like James Patterson, Dennis Lehane, and Tom Clancey. These are just a few, I know, but I'm running low on fuel right now.

As far as proper books go, I really liked 1984 and Animal Farm by George Orwell; and Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I also loved reading as a kid, Charles Dickens, especially, David Copperfield, and A Tale of Two Cities. I know that there are many more than I can think of now, but age is catching up with me (as I'm writing this, I might add), and I'm starting to draw a blank.

The last book I read: The Killing Ground by Gerald Seymour. This was one of about five of his books that I read in a row.

And just in case you care to know, I am now reading The Straw Men by Michael Marshall, a new author for me, but so far so good.

There, I'm done. Just want you all to know that it drove me absolutely nuts trying to remember the book, Lord of the Flies. I could see the book, I remembered the story, but damn if the title escaped me (we'll not even mention remembering the author).
However, eureka!!! Where there is a will, there's a way.

Good ol' jeeves.

4 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

Ah, the memory thing! My list would include books like "Wotsit and Son by Chalres Thingy."

 
At 5:48 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Thank you Alicenot! Many titles and authors I've read. Lord of the Flies WAS a good book if not a little disturbing.

When I read Tom Clancy books I have very bizarre, technical dreams and wake up exhausted. LOL!

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Have you read the rest of the 'Bourne' books? I just finished 'Supremacy' a couple weeks ago and 'Ultimatum' a few days ago. Great stuff.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yes, I have, ghost dog, but the first is always the one you remember the most.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home