Pink Phizz

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Our computer's a bitch

I think our computer might be going through, at the very least PMS; at the most, menopause. When it's doing what it's suppose to do, like not freeze up, it's being wonderful. Lately, it's being a total bitch.

It's one thing to freeze up once in a while, but five or six times a day? Talk about playing games. Here you think you are just typing along just fine; or visiting your friends in blogland; or in the case of my youngest, spending 30 minutes working on some artwork, only to have the computer freeze.

It's rather daunting to have a machine say to you, "F*ck it! I'm not in the mood today." And no matter how you try, you just can't get it to stay in the mood, if and when you finally manage to get it in the mood. Our computer's a bitch, if I've ever seen one.

Oh my God! I'm almost giddy that the computer has allowed me to get this far this a.m. Probably because I have saved this little post to draft twice now, and it's only waiting until I try to actually post it.

Hmmm...don't know, let's see.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM , Blogger The Crafty Cruiser said...

Alice. Do a complete virus search.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Install Spybot Search and Destroy or Microsoft AntiSpyware if you have XP. Also Lavasoft AdAware.
Install AVG antivirus and ZoneAlarm.
You may have all or some of these but sometimes a PC can slow down if it has viruses or trojans.
Hope this helps.

 
At 11:49 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks birdy, I know we have some of these, but Krip is going to have to do his thing with this computer. We put an outlet for downloading music, and the computer seems to have gone downhill from there. Or was it the Sims CD-Rom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home