Pink Phizz

Friday, August 12, 2005

Note worthy



We have found a site (and I know there are many of these sites) where you can download music from zillions and zillions of tunes. It's funny, because once you start remembering songs from your youth, all these titles and artists come flooding back into your memory like a dam has broken. So far I have racked up more than sixty tunes.

I'm also finding that the music I have come to love over the years (and more years) are quite ecliptic; anywhere from Jefferson Airplane, Iron Butterfly, to Randy Newman, Eddie Cochran, Led Zepplin, Grateful Dead, to Steve Miller Band, ZZ Top, Alman Brothers, the Eagles, to Stepphenwolf, Leon Russell, Carol King, to Jimmy Buffett, and beyond.
I had a lot of fun downloading yesterday. It was rather like going shopping, but I didn't have to flash any money, credit cards, or carry a load of bags.

I'm in tune heaven.

6 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Well, if you're gonna get spammed, being spammed by a corvette blog ain't so bad. I have a funny feeling that Krip would never, ever let me have a corvette.

Wonder how many people getting spammed by corvette blog will notice that the spammer can't seem to spell definitely???

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Ca... said...

Those download spots are great. I put several hundred songs of mine on a trade sight(Napster) and downloaded at least that many or more. Some I hadn't heard of in fifty years.("I'll Be Seeing You" by Jo Stafford) Then the big boys (whomever they are) said to stop or pay a fine so I stopped. Too bad it's illegal here.

 
At 1:41 AM , Blogger Fred said...

When iTunes was born, I had a field day. I spent about $100 to download all my favorites, and now I have them on my PC and MP3.

My students look at me very funny when I tell them I actually paid for music.

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger krip said...

Yeah, we paid for ours. There is one site that you can do it for free, it has sponsors, but you have to deal with a whole lot of pop-ups and that's just too annoying. Besides, one payment takes care of forever, and we have already gotten our moneys' worth.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

So you're getting spam comments too? The Corvette blog thin I mean.

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, I'm starting to just delete them; however, their getting to be a real pain in the ass.

How come I'm getting 'em and Krip isn't. Must be a conspiracy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home