Pink Phizz

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

All creatures great and small.

Like a lot of people, we feed the birds; we've planted bushes just to draw the butterflies. We also try to keep the squirrels off the bird table, mainly due to Barney going absolutely bonkers when he sees one. And I put out cookies in a cage for the little wood mice. We put their treats in there because they are able to get in and out. I even go out of my way to catch any and all insects that get in the house and put them outside - learned that from Krip.

However, there is one creature or creatures that I don't like in my garden. Rats. We now have a family coming into our garden at dusk; two youngsters and two adults.
Having a fish and chips shop, as well as a curry house nearby doesn't help.

Rats! Ugh.

4 Comments:

At 6:04 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Ewwww! I HATE rats as much as I hate cockroaches. Squirrels are next on the ladder of hatred.

I once had a squirrel attack me in Washington Park in Denver because I ran out of food. I thought he was just SO cute and so friendly as I was feeding him.

I am happy to report that the neighborhood cats have taken care of the little squirrel problem over the last couple of months...

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Cockroaches. I don't like them either!

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Jennytc said...

I could cope with the rats, Laura. now spiders - that's a different story...

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Oh, jennyta, forgot about them. Krip is forever telling me to catch them (when they are inside the house) and put them outside.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home