Pink Phizz

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Nicked.

A really strange thing happened this morning. Krip was taking Barney for a walk in the wood and came across a briefcase. He brought it home and told me about it. Being around 6:30 am, I didn't take much notice of what he was telling me. Anyway, when I finally dragged myself outta bed, I decided to investigate the contents of said case. Inside was a bunch of papers and lo and behold...a CV with all the information I needed on the owner of the briefcase.

I called the gentleman, and found out that his house had been broken into while they were sleeping and he had had quite a few things stolen. After a few phone calls, he came and collected his case. Not only had his house been burgled, but three other homes in the area last night met the same fate.

This is one thing we really don't have to worry about because if someone broke into our place, it would be to give us stuff...not take it away. Heh.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura!! ta so muchly for dropping by the whingher. and yes, i missed you terribly :) hope you and krip have been keeping well. i suppose I've dropped off the blogging radar, so much so that i stopped checking ya since, early July or summat. sorry about that.

like you, i didn't have much to say apart from the reasons listed. anyways, now have a perfect reason to visit you regularly like before :) take care xx

 
At 4:26 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

And atleast you have that attack dog, Barney, there to protect you!

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Monicar, Barney is more apt to lick someone to death, while holding the pillow case to put all our non-valuables in than to attack anyone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home