Pink Phizz

Friday, July 27, 2007

The most important question left unanswered.

Tonight, while watching our nightly dose of brainwashing, gosh did I say that? I meant watching the 6:30 news on ITV, after the segment on China's lost children and something about gorillas somewhere in Africa, we were introduced to a gentleman who has traveled all the way from Greenland just to give a verbal protest over the expansion of Stansted Airport. He was maintaining that the expansion of said airport would contribute to the shrinking of his beloved Greenland; you know, the butterfly in the rain forest, etc. Anyway, the whole time this person is going on and on about the cause and effect of the expansion, all I could think of was just one question that I dearly wanted to hear from someone, anyone in the vicinity of said person...

"Sir, how in the hell did you get from Greenland to here in Essex?"

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Blogger Jennytc said...

Good question, Laura! My problem is with politicians who bleat on about how we should use public transport (overpriced and practically non-existent) and swan around in the biggest gas guzzlers around.

 
At 2:52 PM , Blogger Wolfie said...

"Doh!"

 
At 4:55 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Well Hello Again!!

I check on you occasionally and I'm glad to see you back. I've missed you!

 
At 10:27 AM , Blogger Laura said...

monicar: Thanks.Yeah, I'm back. Probably only write things when I have something to write about. Which, won't be that often. I lead a really boring life.

wolfie: How I felt too.

jennyta: Highway robbers, is what they are.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home