Pink Phizz

Monday, August 20, 2007

Speechless.

For awhile now, I have been getting up my nerve to approach the wife of one of Krip's childhood friends to see if she wanted to do something, just the two of us. We always get together as a couple, but never just her and me. So on Saturday night, at a party at their house, I took her aside and asked her if she would like to have a girls' day out and perhaps take the train to London.

"What the hell do you want to go to London for!!"

Reeling from her barking at me and wanting to melt into the furniture, the idea of perhaps lunch, and then a little shopping, or perhaps just visiting a museum was some of the things that popped into my head; however, I said nothing because I was, well just gobsmacked.

And that was it. Nothing else said. So much for sticking one's neck out.

Never again.

7 Comments:

At 6:31 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh how terrible... I hate sticking my neck out like that, too.

Perhaps at the next gathering, just for kicks and curiosity, you could just say something like, 'So - what is it about London that you don't like?' Think of it as a science experiment. ;-)

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Laura said...

As long as I don't mix the wrong chemicals together and have it blow up in my face. :0

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger The Crafty Cruiser said...

Dont take it as a rebuff - some people are naturally brusque. Yorkshire people for instance...
Just as her where she'd like to go...

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Birdie, I have a feeling she doesn't want to go anywhere. Oh, well. Her loss.

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger The Crafty Cruiser said...

I'll take you - when Krip's out playing golf ;)

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Why, thank you, birdie.;)

blushing

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Jennytc said...

How rude. There's just no excuse for such bad manners!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home