Pink Phizz

Friday, February 17, 2006

Brit Awards 2006

So last night we watched the Brit Awards for 2006. Not bad. Not good. I liked all of the performances except for Kanye West. What trash. Since Whites can be called "white trash," I suppose I can call him "black trash" since he is Black right? But then maybe I am bias because I cannot stand rap...whatever.

And what is it with Americans who come over to the UK for fuckssake? I almost cringe now when I watch some of my countrymen/women come over here because I know that they are going to be complete assholes. Ambassadors they aren't.

Firstly, we had some American guy presenting. Haven't a clue who he was and don't care either. First thing out of his mouth though was "George Bush is an idiot." Huh? No one else on that show made any political statement whatsoever. That was a joy in itself. The Brit Awards was about music and that's what people talked about. Music. Except for this American wanker.

Secondly, we had, what was referred to..."perhaps in the future...Lady Madonna!!" Oh fuck. Give. Me. A. Break. The old hag, Madonna, herself presenting and receiving an award. She gave a verbal blowjob to all of Great Britain. It was pathetic.

Thirdly, and this is my favorite part of the whole show. Whoever set this up has a great sense of humor and must have known who's song was going to be the winning album because they had Little Miss $30 Million Dollar Slut, 'I am the American Idiot!', Miss Paris Hilton!!!, presenting the best single song of the year, which turned out to be Green Day

and the song?

American Idiot!

Having those two words flowing out of her mouth, now that was a hoot and made the whole show worth watching.

American idiots...all.

7 Comments:

At 11:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand how you felt about cringeing at the sight of your fellow compatriots, Alice. that was exactly how i reacted when i came within a 5 mile radius of wee islanders whilst in the UK. it wasn't just the way they spoke but their village idiot mentality was evident. such that i pretended not recognising them despite the fact that we could suss each other out within a mile - regardless of ethnic origin.

but on hindsight they could be malaysians as both shared similar history.

btw Lady Madonna? AARRRGHHH...

 
At 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Brit Awards in themselves are gringemaking and I am a Brit...the whole thing is crass.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Bugger i missed it, shaaaame. But the Paris gag is priceless.lol!

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Alice: I can't believe you sat through such tripe!

My Saturdays are reserved for the best of the British, and I am not talking about the Beetles.

You may know the expression "Britcoms" that air on PBS on Saturdays.

My favorite on Georgia PBS is "Yes Prime Minister."

But of course you know by now that I live and breath politics.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Laura said...

All of you! I know, how low could we go.

Actually we sat through it all so that Krip could hear some of the music.

Unfortunately, like in a "lake", you have to wade through mud sometimes to get to the clear water. This "lake" had a lot of mud and just some clear water.

 
At 11:42 AM , Blogger Mike said...

Personally I cannot stand any of the awards ceremonies. As far as I'm concerned they are full of self congratulating people scratching each others backs.

 
At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, this awards ceremony was part of what seems to be an interminable series of awards ceremonies with the same people awarding themselves.

As for that Kanye West, he sucks. And he thinks white people are the devils of course, although these days that seems to be politically correct.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home