Pink Phizz

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Incompetence at it's best


PARCEL FORCE is one of the most inept businesses I have ever had to deal with. I am so angry at this moment that I could just spit.

Let me explain why, using a timeline:

25-08-2005: Ordered an item within the UK to be sent to our home.
27-08-2005: Order taken delivered to PARCEL FORCE.
30-08-2005: 16:35 -- London West Depot -- On route to hub
31-08-2005: 22:35 -- National Hub -- Sorted in hub
01-09-2005: 04:18 -- Medway Depot -- Arrived at delivery depot

Okay, so far so good.

01-09-2005: 06:31 -- Medway Depot -- Out for delivery
Supposedly they came to our home and no one was home. I was, most likely, out walking Barney in the wood. I will give them that; however, no card or notice was left announcing that they had come by and would come again or arrange pick-up, etc.

01-09-2005: 19:03 -- Medway Depot -- Returned to depot
01-09-2005: 19:03 -- Medway Depot -- Automatic redelivery

02-09-2005: 02:39 -- Medway Depot -- Out for delivery
02-09-2005: 16:36 -- Medway Depot -- Cannot locate address


CANNOT LOCATE ADDRESS????? Where in the fuck did these people go on 01-09-2005 then? Where did they go? Who's house did they try to deliver to? Trust me when I say this, our home did not move from Point A to Point B overnight.

On Monday, the 5th, Krip sent an e-mail to PARCEL FORCE, giving them directions to our home, and they sent back a computer generated e-mail; blah, blah, blah.

05-09-2005: 06:42 -- Medway Depot -- Delivery rescheduled

On Tuesday, the 6th, I called PARCEL FORCE, gave them my tracking #, and politely asked them what the fuck was going on. A young woman said that the item was on the truck and would be delivered that day. I stayed home, made sure that I was around to receive the delivery. No walk in the woods for Barney and me. No going to the shops, didn't go anywhere.

My item did not arrive on Tuesday.

Yesterday, I called again and was told that PARCEL FORCE would be delivering my item sometime that day. In the late afternoon, around 4pm, I called and spoke to a "James" who informed me that my item would be delivered and that the packages were dropped off up until 7pm. No walk in the woods for Barney and me. No going to the shops, didn't go anywhere.

My item did not arrive yesterday.

This morning, I called exactly when PARCEL FORCE opened at 9am. All I can say is that the male employee on the other side of the phone never knew how lucky he was that we were not talking face-to-face. The person I talked to informed me, after I asked him why they couldn't locate our address on the 2nd if they had no problems with locating our address on the 1st, that it was due to different drivers. Besides he said it didn't matter because it has been rescheduled and was going to be delivered today. Excuse me??? I informed him that I was told by three different people on two different days that it was 'to be delivered.' He again, with just a hint of exasperation in his voice, that it didn't matter, the problem was solved.

Right. Not for me it's not. This isn't over...not by a long shot.

08-09-2005: 02:20 -- Medway Depot -- Out for delivery

Tick, tick....

5 Comments:

At 1:31 PM , Blogger Cincy Diva said...

I just had to bookmark your blog because I am dying to see how long it takes for your package to actually get there! Good Luck!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Well, they haven't come yet.

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Is that Parcel Force or Parcel Farce?

Thanks for your comments today. I had missed that info about the environmentalists. Not sure why your comment got chopped up.

As you see, the lefties are in full howl trying to do anything to distract people from focusing on where the failures actually happened with Katrina. It's all about Bush for them and you can't tell them anything about local responsibility.

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Well? Have you received your parcel? I'm dying to know.

 
At 6:41 PM , Blogger Fred said...

I wonder how much gas was wasted while your package circled the country?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home