Pink Phizz

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Our little stroll in the country

It was an absolutely beautiful day yesterday. So we decided to go on a little country walk. We did; 10.8 miles. You know when you decide to go on a long walk like that, it doesn't seem like it's going to be such a heavy-duty endeavor. It is.

We walked the Cranbrook and Goudhurst walk. A circular walk that encompassed Cranbrook, Little Combourne, Goudhurst, and back to Cranbrook. Lots of meadows, woods, beautiful homes, and the type of life that one would want if one could win the lottery.

Anyway, along the way we saw bullocks (that's young bulls without their bollocks), horses, sheep, and more pheasants that you could ever shake a stick at.

We decided to stop and have lunch on the other side of the fence from those young "nipped in the bud" bulls. Krip, with his usual live and let live attitude, kept saying we would be fine; however, I was a bit uneasy over this particular situation. There were so many of them, and only kept at bay by a very flimsy barbed-wire fence. Thank God, I decided that we would have butter and jam, instead of the original roast-beef sandwiches that I had thought of bringing. Something tells me that they may have been just a bit touchy if we had been eating their kith and kin.

We were climbing this hill when I suddenly remembered that I had climbed the same damn hill before. That first time found me swearing that I if I found myself climbing that hill again, it would be too soon. A year was too soon. Now I have decided that, I never, ever want to see that hill again!

I have to admit though, the views were spectacular from the top.

I tell you what though, it was worth all the aches and pains just to see that stoopid dog of ours to finally be really, truly pooped.

To say we all three slept like the dead last night would be an understatement.

4 Comments:

At 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice to be in touch with nature once in awhile! shan't go on about the lack of it over here though..

 
At 11:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's nice to be in touch with nature once in awhile! shan't go on about the lack of it over here though..

 
At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops sorry Alice, typed the n too quickly..

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Laura said...

You are forgiven, the letter b, luv.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home