Pink Phizz

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

It's all Bush's fault, doncha know

I have not written about Katrina, the hurricane that swept through Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisana. I lived in New Orleans for awhile, I've been to Gulfport and Bolixi. It's beautiful country. I'd call Katrina, the hurricane, definitely a natural disaster. It's nature showing one of it's worse sides.

Here are three articles about Katrina. The first is childish, the next is churlish, and the last one was written by an adult:

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s hit piece on being the president's and the govenor of Mississippi's fault for Katrina. In their own two hands, they conjured up this hurricane. Now that's wizardry!

The next article; well, what can I say, consider the source. I'll give you a hint, it's a leading country in the European Union, and one of their leaders came up with the VW, and they don't speak French.

And last, but not least and the only one that makes sense, I might add, is written with down-to-earth dry commonsense. The author of the article highlights the fact that "storms vary with cycles..." "...after eight years, the luck just ran out..." and perhaps the most important words in this article "...mostly the natural swing."

4 Comments:

At 11:19 AM , Blogger krip said...

And are we to assume the whole world will unite and send pots of cash and aid to those poor people in the Deep South?
Don't hold yer breath....

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Ah, no. We only give money away, we don't receive.

 
At 1:57 AM , Blogger Fred said...

How come we're the first country to offer aid to any other country that has a problem, yet no other (except Israel and Venezuela) have phoned us with any support?

It's time to pull our money back and take care of our own. Put a "stop" on those foreign aid checks. Now.

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I heard that Germany and another Euro country (I can't believe it could be France???) offered their help in anyway that we needed. They get a brownie point for that in my book.

Americans will help Americans. Everyone I have discussed this with has indicated a strong urge to help. We are not rich in my neighborhood but we are not destitute. We will send a few bucks and whatever else we can. I have an unseemly urge to travel to the South and start dishing out food and water. I think that I will have to help in some other ways though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home