Pink Phizz

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Double-edged sword

I am full of mixed emotions. I am ready to go home; however, I will really miss Little Mama, Sarge, and the boys when I leave. I don't know when I will be able to hop over the pond to come again. Since I was just here four months ago, I kind of used my quota up for this year. I would like for me and Krip to be able to come next time, so that kith and kin can put a person to the voice over the phone. But that will be a while since airline tickets are so damn expensive. I have been there for all three of her babies now, so I am glad that I didn't miss the event.

I also know that when we leave in about a week that two weeks later my youngest will be boarding that jet and crossing the pond yet again. She will be heading back to her Dad; only because her school is there, and there is no way that I could afford the tuition for her private school, but her Dad can.

So, while I'm looking forward to going home; I am dreading that shortly thereafter, my precious girl will be leaving me until Christmas.

It's pretty bad when my youngest has to reassure me by telling me that it will be all right.

5 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

chins up Alice, things will be ok :)

the letter b

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I know, and I go through this every year (twice, in fact). You'd think it would get better, but it's actually harder. She is such a neat kid.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger krip said...

It'll be fine

XXX

 
At 2:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alice,

You will be fine, and Christmas will be here before you know it!

:)

 
At 6:04 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Awwwwww geez. And here I thought (right after I had my first) that the worry and attachment would end when she was 18....21 tops.

She was about 2 weeks old when it hit me like a wall of bricks - It's For The Rest Of My Life!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home