Pink Phizz

Friday, December 08, 2006

'Tis the Season.

Well, I finally got my act together and sent out all the goodies we bought for everyone in North Carolina. Whew! We've finished shopping for my youngest. Double-whew! And now all we have left is to get Christmas cards, write and send 'em off. Krip is digging deeper into his 'Bah Humbug' mode and he only sees the £££££/$$$$$ signs (which, I admit can be a bit overwhelming), so I'm beginning to wonder if we will even do the card bit this year.

Speaking of which, Christmas cards, I mean...yesterday we got our first one for Christmas 2006. It was very sweet, with Santa Claus (Father Christmas) on the front, distributing presents under the tree and such. Opening the said card, I promptly read:

'Season's Greetings and Happy New Year'

ACK!!! Season's Greetings and Happy New Year???!!! The PC goodie-two-shoes have really taken over and to make it official, I think someone, somewhere needs to come out with a "Season's Greetings" song. You know something like, "I'm dreaming of a White Season's Greetings?" Or how about "Rock'n 'round the Season's Greetings' Tree." Or even better, "So, this is Seasons Greetings..."

Jeff Randall in the Daily Telegraph today, has a great commentary about Christmas cards, et al, and if I could write as well as him, I'd be doing his job instead of sitting here writing on my blog. At any rate, here is a sample:

"The selection process is very precise. The discarded items have one thing in common: they are not Christmas cards at all, by which I mean, as well as having no Christian images, Nativity scenes etc, they don't even mention the "C" word. I'm afraid that "happy holidays" simply will not do."

Season's Greetings???!!! Flipping 'ell.

4 Comments:

At 6:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah and i was nodding along with what Jeff Randall had vented about. and i thought the "season's greetings" thingy is a singapore phenomenon although my muslim mates [not all though] don't mind buying cards with the words Merry Christmas or papa noel/the nativity scene on the front of the card.

and guess what they replied when asked? it's not christmas without having papa noel on the card!! them PC twits ought to learn a lesson or two from us.

 
At 6:24 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Amen!

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Alice: Good to hear from you over at Mike's America.

I wondered if the reason I hadn't heard from you is that the Muslims had forced you to convert and you found it difficult to type from underneath the burka :)

Hope all is well and best wishes for a happy holiday season and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Fred said...

"Merry Christmas" is making a comeback here. Let's hope it continues.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home