Pink Phizz

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Slap. Slap. Slap.

So have you ever had a box all ready to go to the post office, and well you know, all the Christmas gifts placed carefully in it so as not tear the wrapping paper; all the gaps filled in with styrofoam "popcorn/peanuts" to guarantee no breakage can occur; the address written on said package so that any dork at the post office will be able read it; and have you made sure that the box was totally sealed with tape so that nothing (and I mean nothing) can get in it. So, I repeat, have you ever made sure that was all done ~ everything all ready to go; signed, sealed, to be delivered?

Yep, me too.

So, where in the hell did that present next to me come from.

Aarrgghhhhhh...

8 Comments:

At 5:15 PM , Blogger Blondage said...

Happens to me every single year.

ARGH!!!!

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Isn't it just a bitch when that happens.
Umph, Krip just called me a dufus!

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger Janet said...

I completely feel for you -- been there, done that also. ALSO, EVERY SINGLE YEAR when I put away the Christmas stuff (decorations, leftover wrapping things, etc.), there is ALWAYS one thing I forgot -- once all the boxes are WAY up there in that spot we don't need to get to very often...so that's why the Christmas stuff is stored there....WAAAAA!!!

Thanks for coming by Lord Celery for a visit!

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

I have a cousin who lives in Boston who wrapped up two lots of parcels, one for Chez Polly, the other for her mum and dad.

She queued for ages the post office and she was near the front when she realised she'd got the labels mixed up. She couldn't face queueing again and posted them anyway. It was up to us to re-post them this.

And she's a rocket scientist!

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger Mike's America said...

I mailed my mother some plants this summer... Did a fine job packing them tightly, wrapping the box and sealing it with tape.

But I forgot which side was up.

Oh well... I guess I won't get a job at the parcel shipping service.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Whew! Glad I'm not alone in the Universe of Stupidity when it comes to packaging and delivering.

 
At 6:52 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

You are not alone, Alicenot! I usually go through a huge amount of tape. It must be something I learned from my mother because getting into one of her packages usually involves having to get through all of that tape. My sisters do the same thing. My neighbors have actually made fun of how much tape I use. :-(

 
At 4:32 AM , Blogger Mike's America said...

You can never use too much tape!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home