Pink Phizz

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The "rubbing off" affect.

Yesterday I was writing a comment over at someone else's blog, and I realized right in the middle of writing said comment that I wrote the word...whilst.

WHILST!!

Never thought a true "English" word would ever trip off my tongue, er, flow through my fingers via the keys on the computer. I'm shaking my head in true wonderment. What's next for me? Maybe I'll actually start thinking "firstly" instead of "first of all."

And no, that doesn't mean Marmite has even a fighting chance to start to grow on me.

Blaaaa.

7 Comments:

At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you'll say "fortnightly" instead of "bi-weekly" and oh, you did type "piccy" on my blog not a few times :D

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, but I say piccy only 'cause it's shorter to write. Never considered it from this side of the pond.

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Marmite. mmmmmmm! ;)

What do you guys say then if not whilst? Sorry showing my ignorance a bit..

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger Laura said...

While

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

It's a slippery slope. It will be midst, wrest, mayest, oftest, utmost and accurst before you know it. But it's only when you find yourself working "antidisestablishmentarianism" into a comment that you know that all is lost.

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

Oh, I should have said that I hate Marmite, although daughter and Mrs P love it. Here's Mrs P's favourite combo with a stomach-churn warning: two slices of buttered toast smeared with Marmite, between which is cheese and marmalade. I did warn you.

 
At 9:44 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks Polly, it took me ten minutes to clean the screen, the desk, the keyboard, and surrounding area off after that. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home