Pink Phizz

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Just checking in.

Hello everyone! I know I haven't written anything in a while; but honestly, I haven't had anything to write.

This past Sunday we drove over to Brighton for the day. You know, had to check things out for when Little One comes over. We had a lovely day. For some reason, we thought it would be about a two hour drive. Took approximately an hour, so that wasn't bad. We have come to the conclusion that Little One will love Brighton. I think we will go during the week while the kids are still in school, and hopefully pick a nice warm day.

I managed to get Little One in for swimming lessons. It's six lessons ~ once a week for six weeks ~ so that's not too bad. The price is outrageous though. However, I think it's a necessity rather than a luxury in life to know at least the basics when it comes to swimming.

And that's really all that is going on right now. I haven't written about politics on either side of the pond because, to me, everything seems to be going to hell in a handbasket what with Mexico threatening to sue the States if we put our National Guards on our side of the border to keep illegals out - go figure; or having a grandmother put in jail over here in the UK because she cuffs a yob on the ear for threatening her (along with a whole lot of yobs, causing havoc) in her own front garden, for cryingoutloud!

3 Comments:

At 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thought you'd having a break from blogging, Alice :) can't wait for the Little One to arrive.

even on this wee islet, can you imagine a bunch of 16-year-old male spastics shouting abuse [accompanied by banging of doors] at a 58-year-old woman [old enough to be their gran, of course] just because she got fed up with their shoutings, yellings and loud trashy guitar playing [to their wee drugged minds, that is]? i'm talkin about the immediate neighbour and his fellow drug addicts [suspected] below my flat and they are supposedly from an established catholic school.

obviously, they think strength comes in numbers [as said "neighbour" doesn't play his guitar loudly if alone]; and makes one wonder if they are really the devil's spawn. no, its their parents who made monsters out of their little precious ones.

 
At 5:44 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Well that's what they need - a good roughing up from an old lady. Little shits. I can't believe she's in jail for it. Terrible.

Vicente Fox is something - isn't he?! My 'W' better not cave in to the likes of him. HA. I just want to cuss some more now.

I agree swimming is one of those very important skills to know in life. Mine have been in lessons in past summers and will be this summer too - it's very important! I can't believe I see the ticker says only 9 days left! It's almost here!!!

 
At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell in a handbasket is just the precise term to describe politics today!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home