Pink Phizz

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Summer's here.

As you can see, I haven't had time to blog nor check anyone else's blog out lately. Yes, it's that time of year again. My youngest is here for the summer, and it's so good to see her. Lordy! Can that child eat! For such a little girl, I mean in size not in age - she's 11 years old now, my youngest can pack the food away. I mean at 4'5" she only weighs in at 56 pounds. Where does she put it? Since the law has declared that no one can ride in the front seat of the car until they are at least 80 pounds, my daughter says she'll be a Senior in high school before she'll have that privilege.

My youngest got High Honors this year. Which means that she got straight A's and all kinds of awards and such, including a Scholastic Award from Duke University and the Presidential Award. Way to go girl!

So if I appear to be sporatic in my writing on my blog or visiting others, it's not because I'm ignoring you, but it's because I can't get ahold of the computer cause it's in the clutches of an 11 year old! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!

7 Comments:

At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

belated congratulations little 'un! i know i've had mentioned this before, Alice, but if you don't mind, you've got one precocious wee bairn there :)

and i've got a similar problem - what with all the crisps, ice cream and choccys, i've no idea where they've all gone to :D

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Glad she's there with you for the summer. I hope you guys have a great time.

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Mo said...

I have a feeling that I'll be eaten out of house and home by the 14th. My 15 year-old sis and her best friend are flying here on the 7th. And those kids can eat!

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Shooting Parrots said...

Hey, enjoy your kids while you can. They grow-up and never call....

 
At 6:07 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I am so glad that she has arrived safely! Congrats on all of the honors!

She's a tiny one, isn't she? My oldest is very tiny too. The carseat law in PA states that a child has to be 8 years or 80 pounds before they can ride without one. If we had to go on poundage alone she would be in a car seat for years to come! The 5 y/old is catching up to her. Nothing wrong with being petite I tell her.

Have a great time!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks all.

 
At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, don't complain, in a mere 6 years or so she'll be able to sign up for military service so she can do her part to show the world that Bush and Blair are on the side of the angels.

Which will she prefer do you think? USMC? USAF? USN? Army?

Ah to be young again and have such choices.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home