Pink Phizz

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ho, ho....right.

Is anyone else out there just having a hard time getting into the holiday mood? We haven't got our tree yet, his father's present yet, friend's presents yet; hell, we haven't even bought the Christmas cards yet. My youngest daughter is arriving in eight more days. I think that's when I will feel like celebrating. However, if I wait until eight more days, it will leave us only four more days until Christmas ~ too little time to do too much work.

You know, it's not Christmas that is making me feel like a humbug. I love that day. I do. It's all the months and months and months AND months that seems to lead up to the 25th. Kinda makes one think of going through labor...again... and that left me worn out, wringing wet, and just purely exhausted.

Hmmm, now that I think about it.

7 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Blogger Mo said...

We're not doing really any decorating this year. We're having Christmas dinner with friends and I did send out Christmas cards, but no tree or lights. Bah humbug. :o)

 
At 10:29 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Most of my blog friends have put up something close to this thought. I think we're all drained with what's been going on globally; it's been a tough year.

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Laura said...

fred: I think you've hit the nail on the head.

wife: Blah is right.

 
At 6:42 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

I'm actually a BIT more together this year than I usually am. Tree is up and 2 batches of cookies made. Still one more batch to go - and then the sweet bread.

It is a lot of work. I do love the lights and the baking and the excitement of the kids.

It's coming too fast, though. I'll never get it all done. I never do!

Have a happy Christmas Alicenot and family!!!

 
At 12:10 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Just for this im blinging up my blog :) But yes i agree it has been a tough ol year. Oddly though i think that holiday spirit is picking up. Ive friends over this weekend from Belgium to visit London - going skating at Somerset House. Thatll do the trick! 8 days ish til my family arrive. Cant wait!

 
At 12:42 AM , Blogger Alfie said...

We've just about managed to get the cardboard boxes down from the loft. They're full of Christmas stuff. We haven't managed to open the boxes yet - they're just sort of piled up and in the way - looks like they'll be staying there all through Christmas.......

Roll on twelfth night.

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Cute picture Alison!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home