Pink Phizz

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Why, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow.



Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in America. Here in England, I won't be doing up a Thanksgiving meal. Krip, while he says turkey is "okay," he isn't into sweet potatoes, rice and giblet gravy, nor pumpkin and pecan pies; and when I mentioned various "dressings" (such as oyster), he just looked at me like I was from another planet. So I do believe I will skip cooking up a meal. At any rate, since to me Thanksgiving is more with being with family and since my kids ARE my family and they are in the States, I tend to use tomorrow as a countdown day until my youngest gets over here for Christmas. What I lacked on Thanksgiving, I will more than make up on Christmas.

So, what I am trying to say to all my American blogger-friends, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. And if you should have an extra piece of dark meat left over, or a slice of pumpkin or pecan pie, can you just kinda slip it in the mail for me?

Heh.

16 Comments:

At 12:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know it's a tad early to wish you, but still Happy Thanksgiving Alice!

 
At 2:58 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks b, altho, I think it's closer to the day for you than for me. :)

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger krip said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sweetheart.
Pumpkin pie? Yeuuuuk.......

 
At 5:48 PM , Blogger Alison said...

Happy Thanksgiving Alice

Get your man to take you to one of these & celebrate ;) Of course you can always check out the Mayflower pub East London have a pint and imagine them all setting off!

http://www.toptable.co.uk/feature.cfm?fid=284

All the best

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Mike said...

Happy Thanksgiving day Alice.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Alison said...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/39/3980/Mayflower/Rotherhithe

(just in case!)

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Thanks all. I think it can count if I go on the weekend, seeing as everyone else across the pond will be eating leftovers for the next week or so.

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Happy Thanksgiving -- from one Yank in britain to another! I'm not sure WHAT we're gonna do tomorrow night. But we'll have a special meal of some kind.

Janet

(lordcelery.blogspot.com)

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger David Vance said...

Happy Thanksgiving Alice - from a Brit who often wishes he was a Yank!

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

Oh honey - I make the best damn pumpkin pie on the planet! We smoke our turkey, too. Deeee - damn - licious!! The gravy comes out sorta smoky flavored too.

I like the leftovers better though.

Have a happy Thanksgiving Alicenot. The countdown has begun!!!

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Hey monicar, sounds yummy!

Janet, you and me are in the same boat, glad to know I'm not alone ;)

And David, gee, I never would have guessed how you feel about our country across the pond!

Thanks all!

 
At 3:18 PM , Blogger Fred said...

Happy "start the countdown" Day!

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Mike's America said...

Do you eat Turkey in the UK Alice?

Oh, I hereby move to make David V an honorary yank.

All in favor say AYE!

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Yes, Mike, they do eat turkey in the UK.
Fred, while some have Advent calendars, I have my countdown calendar. Love those Xs.

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger Grizzly Mama said...

AYE!

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger David Vance said...

I'm honoured!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home